Click for Sunyani, Ghana Forecast

Friday, July 23, 2010

It's Friday!

I am surprised it is Friday. I have to say, I have been up to site...commune...compound...village for 2 weeks now and a part of me says it feels like 2 months and another part says it feels like 2 days ago. This doesn't seem real to me. It is crazy because the days themselves seem to drag, yet the weeks are going quickly. I pray this continues to be true for me.

The most difficult part of the day seems to be after 6:00. It gets dark here everyday around 6:30. We are so close to the equator that there isn't much change at all in times of sunrise and sunset. And being in malaria country, the kids are in by 6:00 (the malaria mosquito only comes at night). So there is no playing outside until 9:00 in the summertime. 1. Because it is dark. 2. Because the mosquito's are out. This is a huge adjustment for me. This is often a difficult time for the kids as well. They have to adjust to being in more in the evening and playing outside when the sun is out. They are learning quickly that most of their friends need to be home at 5. No question.

As we move into the weekend I am not sure what it will bring. Dinner at the clubhouse. Touch rugby for the kids (my big one and 3 little ones). A walk into the village. Swimming in the pool. Maybe even an adventure or 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment