Click for Sunyani, Ghana Forecast

Thursday, July 15, 2010

15 +1

So how much does one family need to move to Africa? My answer: A LOT! And I didn't bring enough. We were allowed 15 pieces of luggage, plus excess baggage @ 75lbs per person. That could have been another suitcase each. So technically 20 bags. 20! How can anyone handle that much luggage I am not sure. Our total was 16. We had 15 bags plus 1 tightly wrapped bright orange box (street hockey nets and sticks). We must have looked like a site at the airport. We got our share of stares and one "Holy Shit!" (though I can't say for sure if that was meant for us.)

And I repeat, I didn't bring enough. In 15 suitcases what didn't I pack? Hangers. I have no hangers. Ziploc bags. Measuring spoons. Winter pj's (it is cold in the house). Everyday things that we all take for granted. Maybe I have those things packed in my seatainer shipment, but right now I do not have them and it drives me crazy.

In Cleveland where we flew out we didn't have any carts, we just wheeled each piece one at a time. When we landed in Accra we got all 15 bags and 1 box on 3 carts. What a site!

No comments:

Post a Comment